Your project – or one you are sponsoring – could be an award winner.
Apply or encourage a student you know to apply for PEYA and see what a difference they can make for the environment with an award-winning project. Applicants from all 50 states and U.S. territories are eligible to compete for a regional certificate of special recognition and a national Presidential award.
To be eligible:
- Project is completed while the applicant(s) is in kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Applicant(s) is a citizen of the United States or its territories or has been lawfully admitted for permanent residency.
- Project is sponsored by at least one adult over the age of 21.
- Projects started on or after January 1, 2018 are eligible for consideration. As long as there was activity on the project during 2018, a project initiated prior to that date is eligible for consideration.
- Projects must include an environmental stewardship component.
We have a lot of information online at https://www.epa.gov/education/presidents-environmental-youth-award. It details how to apply and how each submission is judged.