Upper Midwest Invasive Species Conference
Mon, October 15th – Thurs, October 18th at Mayo Civic Center 30 Civic Center Dr SE, Rochester, MN 55904
Volunteers play a vital role in helping to make UMISC a great conference. Volunteering is a wonderful opportunity for students, nonprofits, and private individuals to attend the conference at a reduced rate or no cost. Volunteer tasks include:
- Register attendees (a 1-hour pre-conference training by phone may be required)
- Hand out conference materials
- Direct attendees to concurrent sessions and other venue areas
- Conference set-up or tear down (Sunday pm or last shift Wednesday only)
- Door check badges or tickets
- Load presentation on laptops for concurrent sessions
- Other on-site support
Volunteers who commit 4 hours of time will receive 1 full day of conference attendance complementary; 6 hours of volunteer time = 2 full days of complementary conference attendance. Volunteers who commit 8 hours of time will receive the full conference attendance complementary.
To volunteer, please visit: https://www.umisc.net/volunteer.html and submit the requested information.
Remember, you can count your conference attendance as Advanced Training! This is another great chance to “double dip!”