State Fair Wildlife Wing Interpreter in DNR Building
We are recruiting Master Naturalists to provide natural resource interpretation to the public in the Wildlife Wing of the DNR building at the Minnesota State Fair, Aug 24 – Sept 4, 2017.
Sit or stand in the wing as you:
· Provide information to fairgoers on the mounted animals
· Answer questions and provide general directions at the fair
· Represent the DNR in a positive fashion
Qualified volunteers must be:
· Interested in animals and able to communicate with the public verbally
· Physically able to work in a non-air conditioned area
· Master Naturalist certification or a natural resources related degree is preferred
You are not expected to be knowledgeable in all areas concerning the DNR. All questions related to DNR policies and procedures are to be referred to DNR staff located outside the State Fair DNR building. Avoid expressing personal opinions.
· At least one 3-hour shift during the MN State Fair
· Volunteers may sign up for more than one shift.
· Training is not provided because all animal mounts are set up immediately before the fair opens, but an animal list is available.
· Binder/field guides with animal information will be provided for reference at the site.
TO SIGN UP
If interested in volunteering to be a Wildlife Wing Interpreter, click on the following link to complete an application, create a volunteer profile on MyVolunteerPage, and select your day and 3-hour time slot on the fair schedule: http://bttr.im/mfixi
Make note of the username and password you create for this site so you can go back to update your profile and apply for other DNR volunteer opportunities. This will be your DNR Volunteer profile from now on.
You will receive more information and confirmation of your schedule after this. Maps, instructions and an admission ticket will be mailed to you for each day you volunteer. Remember, all volunteers may sign up for more than 1 shift.
For more information, contact Wendy Lee, Division of Wildlife at 651-322-4643 or email Wendy.firstname.lastname@example.org. Written instructions will be provided prior to your shift.
State Fair Safety Training
· All volunteers must complete an online safety training quiz to be eligible to work at the Minnesota State Fair.
· Please go to the DNR State Fair Safety Training page for instructions.
DNR Alumni and Volunteer Programs Administrator | Office of Communication and Outreach
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
500 Lafayette Rd N
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55155