Get involved, volunteer with us!
Join other like-minded folks enjoying Minnesota Scientific and Natural Areas while doing important work to help keep them natural! Volunteer stewardship projects include:
- collecting seeds,
- planting seedlings,
- controlling invasive species,
- and several other tasks!
Check the events calendar for stewardship projects as well as other fun events. You’ll be glad you did!
Know before you go
There is no advance sign-up for most stewardship projects, just show up the day of event to participate. Check individual events calendar listings for those that require registration.
When you go:
- Bring water, lunch, eye protection and work gloves
- Dress for the weather
- Carpooling is encouraged where possible
- Review safety tips »
Want to become more involved?
If so, consider becoming a site steward »
Wondering how you can be a good steward of your own land? We have resources for you.
- Land Protection Options: A Handbook for Minnesota Landowners
- Native Prairie Bank Program
- Native Prairie Tax Exemption Program
- Nurture Nature
For more information on volunteer opportunities, please visit: mndnr